SwagBucks

Thursday, January 14, 2010

We have so much...

I'm feeling very spoiled about now, and not in a good way. I have a strong, safe house with heat and central air, and yet I complain that it is too small. I have three strong, healthy children, (albeit one has wonky DNA) and yet I complain about the messes they make. I sit here at my computer, I look over at my TV, my shelves and shelves of books that I'll never read again, and complain that I don't have enough. How can I be so selfish when others are suffering so much. I think about Haiti and how there was so much suffering poverty even before the earthquake hit. I don't deserve my prosperity anymore than they deserve their poverty.

I told my kids about the earthquake yesterday and Walnut was very concerned. He climbed into my lap and tried to hold back tears as he asked how he could help the children in Haiti. Then he went to his room and emptied out his bank. He brought me 19 pennies and 1 nickle. It was all he had. If you have anything to give, please consider giving to help the relief efforts in Haiti. You can do it right from this page even. Mandie set up an account with Samaritan's Purse for Just We Moms. Just click the box over to the left. I've already been so humbled at the response we've received.

No comments: