SwagBucks

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baked Potato Soup

I got a hankering for a creamy soup this evening. At 7 pm, I dragged String Bean to the grocery store to pick up the items I didn't have on hand (onion, sour cream, and shredded cheese). While feeding her, I made the worlds best baked potato soup. Found the recipe online, but I altered it. Oh. My.

Baked Potato Soup

6 to 8 large baking potatoes
1 small onion
1 stalk celery (optional)
2 cups milk
4 cups chicken broth (32 oz)
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup butter
8-12 strips bacon, cooked
1 cup sour cream
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste

Cube potatoes. Put in water and boil until soft.

While potatoes are cooking, chop and saute onion and celery (optional) in a tsp of butter.

In a large soup pot, combine butter and flour to make a roux. Cook for 1 minute, then slowly whisk in the liquids.

Add salt and pepper, potatoes, onion, celery, cooked bacon, and cheese. At the last minute, stir in the sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.

Serves about 6.

Add milk when reheating, if you have leftovers.

Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

Lisa Thomas said...

yum, sounds good! i'll try it!