SwagBucks

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Couture Cashew

One thing you should know about Miss Cashew is that she is a total fashionista. I know, she's only 18 months old, but seriously, the girl knows style. I first noticed this at Mandie's baby shower, when Cashew was about 5 months old. Cashew sat on my lap and as the presents went around the circle, I would hold the clothes up to Cashew and she got mad when I wouldn't let her keep them. Over the months, as she has grown more expressive, Filbert and I have noticed certain indicators of when Cashew is especially pleased with her appearance. There is the garment hugging, the happy clap, the low chuckle, but the pinnacle of all of these is the "look down and pat the belly", reserved for only the choicest of outfits.

So, when I received a dress from a new children's clothing line, I was most anxious to see Cashew's reaction.
Éléphant is the name of the line, and it was designed by fashion photographer Leslie Hassler in an effort to find fun and funky clothes for her own son.
This is the dress.

I think it is absolutely adorable and would totally wear it if it came in grown-up sizes. The quality is great, it's made of a super soft, silky rayon with a touch of spandex. The colors stayed through the wash and didn't leach on to any of the other clothes in the load. It doesn't go in the dryer, though, so I'll have to remember to fetch it out of the load when I'm switching it. The sizing does run a bit small, the size 2 fits Cashew really well, and she is a petite 18 month old. At $48, it is a bit of a splurge, but it did earn the coveted "look down and pat the belly" from the ever discerning Miss Cashew!


6 comments:

Mandie said...

That is THE CUTEST dress I have ever seen. I absolutely love it.

Christy said...

That really is a cute dress. I wish it came in grown up sizes, too.

Anonymous said...

I am well acquainted with Miss Cashew and I can vouch for the fact that she is very fashion savvy so if she approves of a style you can be sure it is tops.

Anonymous said...

Do we get to see her in it? I am sure that String Bean is hoping that it will find its way to her closet one day when Cashew is no longer able to wear it!

Wendyburd1 said...

Wow 48 bucks for an 18 month old, what a NICE Mom!!

Today said...

Very cute!!!
Aunt V